“Fascinating,
humane, and provocative reframings of conceptions of ‘normal’ bodies and ‘disability.’”


— Gina Maranto, author of
"Quest for Perfection"

The FINISH FIXED KICKSTARTER campaign has launched! $25K in 37 days! Can we raise it?

At 9am, Monday, July 25th, we launched the FINISH FIXED KICKSTARTER campaign with a goal to raise the $25K that’s needed to finish the film in 37 days! Kickstarter is an all-or-nothing platform. If we don’t reach our goal or surpass it by August 30th, then we won’t receive any of the money pledged.

It is now 5 days into the campaign and thanks to the generous donations of our first 38 backers, we have raised $4,486! That’s 17% of the way to our goal. We have 32 days left to raise the remaining 83%. We know we can reach this goal but not without your help.

If all of you wonderful FIXED fans out there made a donation today and then ask 10 of your friends or colleagues to match your contribution, we would reach our goal and FIXED would be on its way to the finish line in no time. No donation is too small. Every dollar counts!

So be sure to check out the Kickstarter page today by clicking on the icon above. You can learn more about the campaign, see a short video clip with the director, and check out all the great rewards you will receive for making a donation! Please spread the word!

http://kck.st/fixedthemovie

By |Friday, July 29, 2011|Uncategorized|0 Comments

FIXED gets ready for the Tarrytown Meeting in NY & our Kickstarter launch!

The FIXED team has been working around the clock getting ready to both launch our Kickstarter fundraising campaign later this week and to head off to the Big Apple, or just north of the Big Apple rather to Tarrytown, NY, for a three day conference, hosted by the Center for Genetics and Society. The Tarrytown Meeting is a gathering of scholars, activists and media makers from all over the country and beyond, focused on the social implications of human biotechnologies. We will be holding two rough cut screenings at the conference, as well as being a part of the Biopolitical Cultural Festival.

Here’s a link to a video from last year’s conference and more information:

Tarrytown Meeting 2010

“From July 27-29, CGS hosted the inaugural Tarrytown Meeting, the first of three planned annual events. More than 100 invited advocates, scholars and others gathered over three days to consider what can be done to ensure that human biotechnologies support rather than undermine social justice, human rights, ecological integrity and the common good. The Tarrytown Meetings, and the network of individuals and organizations participating in them, grew out of a series of strategy consultations with colleagues and allies. ”

In other news, we will be kicking off our Kickstarter campaign later this week! Stay tuned for more updates!

By |Tuesday, July 19, 2011|Uncategorized|0 Comments